People today are lucky to have so many options that allow them to find dating partners. Now, they have the Internet dating sites, dating services, and even speed dating. Speed dating is a relatively new dating outlet that has captured the imagination of the public. If you are interested in trying it, it’s important to learn more about this idea first.
Speed Dating – Defined
Speed dating was founded by Jewish people who were trying to find potential spouses who share the same religion while living in a largely non-Jewish community. Partners have to go to a meet and greet first to get to know each other better.
In a more formal setting, speed dating is often held in a restaurant or an exclusive room in a bar booked by its organizers, which are usually dating agencies. Those who want to attend have to pay a fee. Each person will be given 8 minutes to talk with a potential mate. When the time’s up, they will move on to another table and another date. After meeting everyone, the participants will be required to fill out a form and write the names of the people they are interested in meeting again.
The organizers will find a match among the forms and give both participants the other person’s name and contact details.
Benefits of Speed Dating
- Connection with other singles. Finding single people is usually a tough hurdle for most people, especially those who are occupied with work or who simply don’t have the time and confidence to be on the prowl for a single mate. It could also be because they don’t know where to go to find the right people. Speed dating provides the participants the connection that they need to reach out to single people.
- Efficiency. Participants only need to spend 8 minutes per person, giving them more opportunities to meet more people within a short period of time. This certainly beats having to spend a whole night on a date only to find out that you don’t suit each other. Speed dating is like going on several mini-dates to find the person that you’re looking for.
- Minimized rejection. Even if the other participants rejected you, you won’t be dealing with the rejection face-to-face, so it softens the blow.
- Safety. Since you’ll be meeting with people in a safe environment, you can feel secure about the date. Just make sure to find reputable dating agencies as your speed dating organizer.
Drawbacks of Speed Dating
- Lack of time. For some people, 8 minutes is not enough to form a decent first impression of themselves. Speed dating may not be ideal for people who take their time to warm up to the other person.
- Shallow dating factors. Due to the time constraints, speed dating participants usually assess the other participants based on looks, fashion choices, and other shallow factors. This makes it a disadvantage for people who have great inner qualities but who do not possess impressive physical characteristics.
Despite the drawbacks, speed dating still proves to be a great way to find potential mates. It is convenient, time-efficient, safe, and affordable. The girlfriend activation system can help you reduce the amount of drawbacks from dating.